Rubicon Consulting has released a survey of iPhone users in the US, detailing the impact the device has had on their usage and the market in general. Included in the survey are some unexpected patterns that could change your perceptions of this revolutionary mobile device.
Here’s some good news for the iPhone:
- Users report high satisfaction with the device
- iPhone users report increased mobile web browsing
- One quarter report it displacing notebook computer usage
Some unexpected news:
- Email is the #1 function… for reading emails, not writing them.
- One third of iPhone users carry a second phone? Why? According to the study, for making voice calls and composing emails.
- It increases phone bills. The survey cites an average increase of 24% annually.