The digital marketing landscape is rapidly changing. Consumers are less loyal to brands and more trusting of one another as a result of disruptive traditional marketing methods. Digital marketers must be careful not to make the same mistakes.
Daniel Stein, CEO of digital content marketing firm, EVB,
1) Simplicity: make it quick & easy;
2) Participation: get people involved;
3) Personalisation: let people make it their own;
4) Unexpected: surprise people;
5) Humor/Entertainment: evoke an emotion;
6) Distribution: use ALL media to tell a story;
7) Communities: make the consumer your marketer;
8) Portability: weave your content into their digital life.
1) Lengthy introductions: get to the point or users moves on;
2) Overcomplicating: more technology isn't always better; know your audience;
3) Replication of traditional ads: consumers are savvy and avoid disruptive ads
4) Expecting people care about your brand: if you don’t bring a bottle of wine to the party, you won’t be invited back;
5) Forcing your brand: consumers are in control, so let them come to you.